Students will be able to discuss the importance of geology to their daily lives and understand the role of geology in natural resource management.
- Rock and mineral identification
- Rock forming processes
- Terminology for understanding geology and geologic time.
- Reading, developing and using geologic maps (using a compass, topographic maps and aerial photographs.)
Geology and Mining
- Different types of mineral deposits
- Uses of mineral resources
- Mine reclamation
Geology and Water Resources
- Aquifers and Ground water